Friday 6 May 2011

Translating Civil3d Style Layers

Last week I had the task of standardizing the layer naming between two office’s Civil3d styles. The individual styles had been setup by each office to look right but in the process layers names in various styles had been changed for various reasons.

I knew that if you rename a layer that is in a civil3d style in the layer manage then the name of the layer in the style would change. 

So I thought no problem I will use the laytrans command and translate the layer names from the wrong ones to the correct ones. I spent some making a mapping file because I thought I would use it again and then tried it, but no luck it didn’t work.

So I switched to plan B and was able to switch the layernames using a standards file with the correct layernames and running the checkstandards command.

Got there in the end but a shame the laytrans command did not work. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Justin. Did not know the standards checker could fix style layer names.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...