Wednesday 4 April 2012

Updating Custom Pipe Rules

Back in 2008 and 2009 I was doing alot more drainage work than I have been doing recently and developed a number of custom pipe rules with the help of Chris’s Civil3dReminders posts on the subject an my own blood sweat and tears. All this work was done in VBA and does not work with the later version of Civil3D unless you download and install the optional vba install

With a large drainage job on the horizon i thought its about time I went back and updated my old VBA pipe rules to vb.net. To start with I thought that this would be easy enough as Autodesk had provided a nice little command to do it for me. This command however does not convert any additional code you have written. It just maps old file references paths to the VBA .dvb file rules in a drawing to the new .dll file that ships with 2010 on.

lx2ujzur

3ic0yuyy

qbnxlhx5

To update any custom rules i think I am going to have to rewrite the rules in vb.net using the sample rules project that ships with 2012. I will investigate if I can find an alternative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...